Joyce ran the shop in Chapel Street until 1958 both with her mum Eliza Slack and with Edwin. It was an off-license at one point and a sweet shop. Among other things in its history.

The shop is the furthest building on the left
The shop building in modern times, no longer a shop
Babs Lee who used to work with Joyce in the Ringstead shop on a visit to Joyce at home in Thetford
The scales from the shop in 2023
The Wesleyan chapel to the right and the sweet shop just visible at the bottom of Mrs Gerrard & Joyce Gunn nee-Bull during this period